On the web: https://www.usafa.edu/visitors/
Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Location: Barry Goldwater Visitors Center is at 2346 Academy Drive, about 15 miles north of the U.S Olympic & Paralympic Museum — take I-25 to the North Gate exit (156) and go west to the guarded entrance gate. Be prepared to show ID and allow guards to inspect your trunk.
Go here because: The U.S. Air Force Academy is located on beautiful grounds, nestled in the foothills of the Front Range. With classic and inspired architecture, exciting athletic events and multiple points of interest, you’ll come away with an appreciation for the dedication and sacrifices of the cadets, faculty and leadership of the U.S. Air Force Academy.
- Visit the recently reopened Planetarium and catch a free movie about different aspects of the universe and space travel.
- See the reconstruction of the iconic Cadet Chapel, reopening in 2023.
- Observe the cadet noon formation, weekdays at 11:30 a.m. during the academic year, weather permitting.
- Attend a sporting event to cheer on the Falcons – football, hockey, basketball, boxing and more.
- Learn about cadet life and get USAFA gear in the Barry Goldwater Visitor Center.
- Hike Stanley Canyon and the Falcon Trail.