The PyeongChang Games featured athletes from 92 nations competing in 102 medal events. The United States claimed 23 medals: nine gold, eight silver and six bronze.
- The U.S. women’s ice hockey captured the gold medal with a thrilling 3-2 victory over four-time defending champion Canada in a shootout.
- Four Americans won gold medals in snowboarding: Red Gerard (men’s slopestyle), Jamie Anderson (women’s slopestyle), Chloe Kim (women’s halfpipe) and Shaun White (men’s halfpipe).
- Miakela Shiffrin won the women’s giant slalom.
- Jessie Diggins and Kikkan Randall won the women’s cross-country skiing team sprint, the first-ever medal of any kind in the sport by American women.
- David Wise won his second consecutive gold in freestyle skiing men’s halfpipe.
- Tyler George, Matt Hamilton, John Landsteiner, Joe Polo and John Shuster won gold in men’s curling.